Main Menu

News:

We've got a new forum. The old one will remain available as archive.

I Absolutely Hate EA

Started by Silver Sorrow, May 03, 2024, 05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Sorrow

DRM. The EA app. How I hate the both of them.

Conundrum: if I want to play the game...that I paid for...I need to login to their app. Okay, it's a singleplayer game and that's a completely unnecessary thing to go through...but fine. Let me just fill out this...

"We'll send you a verification e-mail..."

Waiting. Nothing sent. Request a resend. Nothing. Request another. Nothing. Repeat more than ten times. Nothing happens.

Go to the help.ea.sucks.ass site. Need help? Sign in!

Name...password...oh, hey. They need to send me a verification email. Goody. Repeat send-nothing-resend-nothing process.

I seem to recall having to deal with this before, but only vaguely. Much like a double-amputee remembers the process in which they lost both of their legs, but they had a severe concussion coloring their perception of time and events. (This is typical of my everyday life, FYI.)

This reminds me of an old Dilbert strip: he goes to IT to report that his email's down. The IT guy says sure, just shoot me an email and we can open a ticket. It's this sort of circular idiocy that makes my day so much worse than it should be.

To summarize: can't contact EA help about an issue because the method of solving the issue requires the issue to be solved in the first place.

I truly hate them.

You cannot view this attachment.

Watch this, though...in a couple of days the whole thing will resolve itself somehow. Too bad I uninstalled the app and want nothing more to do with Mass Effect for the foreseeable future.
It seems because through time and space
Though names may change each face retains the mask it wore

Silver Sorrow

Workaround:

Buy Legendary edition on Steam (sale: $5.99). Download & install. Play without needing to sign in to EA app. Mazeltov.

Really...it's not so much that I NEED to play the games, it's just that I never got to try out the ME3LE version of the Happy Ending mod.

...huh. Happy Ending mod...

...you know where I'm going with this...

...Shepard walks into a massage parlor and is asked to choose from four color choices: white, brown, yellow, or red...

I would say that I'm sorry, but I'm really not.

Starfox

QuoteWaiting. Nothing sent. Request a resend. Nothing. Request another. Nothing. Repeat more than ten times. Nothing happens.

Are you sure you didn't label EA email address as junk? That would be the first thing I'd check, knowing me.  ;D

Guess what it means!

Silver Sorrow

Maybe gmail is trying to keep me sane. I theorize that EA actually *did* send me an email, but gmail automatically quarantined it and nuked it before I could read it. Thanks, gmail...I owe you one, buddy! ;D